Hiring — Seasonal Retail
Posted on October 23 2018
About the Company:
We are a fast-growing Canadian lifestyle brand, creating sustainable clothing and accessories for forward-thinking, trendy, and patriotic Canadians. We work with local artisans, care about the environment, and are willing to diverge from the norm.
Illbury + Goose launched in 2016 and has since become a retail, mobile, and online retailer with an ever-expanding following. Our mission is simple, and yet rare - to offer customers trendy, Canadian-made products in a way that is both environmentally and economically sustainable. We are based in London, Ontario, and have customers across the nation and around the globe.
Seasonal retail staff are responsible for providing a superior customer service experience to all customers. Responsibilities include:
- Engaging with customers ranging in age from 12-95.
- Cash management
- Shipping and receiving of incoming and outgoing merchandise
- Labelling & tagging products.
- Merchandising of products & displays.
- 1-3 years previous retail experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Passionate about sustainability
- Outgoing and creative-minded
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to easily and quickly adapt to change
- Work independently and take ownership for your role
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Previous retail experience in boutique atmosphere is an asset
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be dog-friendly (we have a shop dog!)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Successful Candidate Checklist:
- Self-motivated, passionate, and approachable
- Focused and proven work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Actively live and breathe the Illbury+Goose lifestyle
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Honest and trustworthy
- Outgoing, energetic, and fun
- Staff discount
- Working in an motivating and extremely supportive team atmosphere
- Creative control on giving tasks
- Opportunity for future growth within the company
How To Apply:
If this gets you excited, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you think you’d make a great addition to our team.
Do you have a unique skill set that doesn't quite fit the above criteria? Send in your resume along with a cover letter anyway! We are always looking to fill new roles.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Those invited to interview for the position will be expected to come prepared and knowledgeable about our company.
Job Type: Seasonal Retail
- High school or equivalent
Please send resumes to: email@example.com